Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Spotted Along the Way...

Late night show in Salmon Arm, BC - On my way back from Whistler...one of my many drive-through-the-night-to-sleep-in-my-own-bed missions!

My coffee is cold again.

-sigh-

People often comment on the fact that I drink a lot of coffee. In reality, once I sit down at my desk I get so distracted with work, phone calls, etc...that my coffee gets cold before I can finish drinking it. So instead of wasting a 3/4 full cup of Joe (and as taboo as it may seem, for all you coffee snobs), I simply warm it back up with my Espresso steamer and voila!
I love this ritual of feeling the warmth of my coffee.

...

My running is on 'pause' these days - The physio called it a clear case of the "burning-the-candle-at-both-ends-anitis"... I didn't disagree.  Lucky for me, I can still ride...and so, except for a couple of painful sessions on the Pan Pacific hotel StairMaster machine, I've been hitting the road like a true wannabe pro...

On Sunday morning, I took advantage of the nice weather to ride with my Flight Crew teammates, Rumon and Munny.  It was my first time exploring the Squamish Valley Rd, a quiet stretch of asphalt that meanders its way NW just outside Squamish, BC.  With barely any traffic to worry about, we were able to ride side by side most of the way, chatting about life, laughing uncontrollably (most of time at Munny - sorry buddy!), you name it...all while cruising at steady 35km/h. 

What better way to connect and get to know your friends...The best of both worlds!

My weekend in Whistler capped a great (work) week in Vancouver with the sales & mgmt teams - Product-wise, I'm excited about what's coming down the pipe...(sorry, no shop talk today) and psyched to work with group of individuals that are passionate about trail running. It makes all the travel and little 'PV-time' detours worth it.  Sure I could have flown in/out of YVR and make it a quick 4-day trip...Instead, I decided to drive the distance and extend the trip to hang with friends.  In a way, time on the road is quite similar to time on the trail...it allows me to think, to scheme, to analyse, to remember, to blank out, or to simply look around at the landscape... 


The normally 10hr drive back to Canmore went by in flash...just like the road ride with the boys. Loved it.

And since I started things off with a great sunset from Salmon Arm, I thought I'd keep going on the 'hippy-moments' theme, all spotted along the way...


Split skies: This is quite typical of Canmore.  You can usually see the storm coming from far away...makes for nice pictures if you can catch them, or makes you move faster if you're on the bike!


Just another snowy day in Canmore: This also became a normal occurrence this winter/spring...Caught a peek of Ha Ling through one my many spring blizzard runs!
Rundle Range:  I always love popping out onto the 'mine scar'...Look left, it's a crisp and clear view of the mountains...look right, and there's are snow flurries dusting the peaks!

Early morning cloud:  I posted this photo a while back but it still brings back great memories...I think I was chasing/looking for some friends I said I would meet for a run...I missed them because I was late.  But once I topped out above the fog, I didn't regret being alone...

No comments: