Saturday, December 27, 2008

Keep it on the Chips!

I have to admit that I'm not a huge You Tube fan...

But...Once in a while I'll get sent to the site by a friend in a typical..."You HAVE to check this out!" So I do...as you will now...

Star Trek Cribs...featuring Spock - I'll let the video speak for itself:



Maybe it's the Holidays, maybe it's because I've been drinking too much wine...or eating too many cookies...but I figured it was time to kick my ass into shape, so I'm entering a 'team sprint relay' event tomorrow at the Canmore Nordic Centre. Ideally, I would have preferred to start off with an easy 10 or 15km event...but since this is the only event on tap locally, I figured "Why not".

Team relays are painful. Why? Because the event consists of team of two that alternate (tag each other) every lap, for 3 laps each in total. That means that I'll race around the 1.5km track a total of 3 times as hard as I can go. For me, it means that my first lap will hurt - a lot, my second will make me suffer, and my third will most likely make me cough up some blood. Why? Because I haven't done anything remotely fast in about a year and unfortunately I have this 'competitive' drive inside me that won't like it when little kids pass me on the trail (which will most likely happen)...


I'm not sure why I'm really doing this, but I figure it's a good way to get in shape...

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

1 comment:

rumon said...

Good luck, mate. Oh, and spit the blood you're coughing up in the wee gaffers' eyes - I've found that tends to slow 'em down for a sec.