Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Original Fatboy


Why bother flying across the continent, when you can get 'The Original Fatboy' instead! It only costs you 39,000 Aeroplan points, and you can even play with the box! So comfy...

Ok - Enough with this white stuff!

The weather has been pissing me off lately. It's like there's this higher force looking down at me with his little annoying smirk: "Lets give him just enough sun to get excited, but we'll make sure the wind is cold so he has to keep something covered up". Here's a great example...Today, is great! It's +19C, sunny, no wind...I had a great short run this morning, wearing shorts/t-shirt...Awesome! On Thursday, the forecast calls for a high of -2C (low of -9C) and snow...lots of it. What the shit!?

Either way, I won't be here to enjoy the spring mayhem (unless so much snow falls that the airport closes - yikes!) I'm off to Toronto and then to France for little biz trip at the Salomon HQ in Annecy...I'm pretty sure it's warmer there!

Pulling the pulk on Great Slave Lake: -28C, skating on classic skis w/ a 30lb sled on my butt. Fun.
Photo Credit: Rob Howard - Sleepmonsters


Training...? Oh yeah...I've been training a bit to get the running and biking legs back in action. I've been doing a few intensities with my old mountain running partner, Lanny Mann - Nothing like getting your ass kicked to know how much more work you need to do - damn! I am quickly realizing that after a full year of NOT doing any anaerobic work, my body is taking its time to adjust...but it's coming along.

No comments: