It seems like I've been packing (and unpacking) lots over the past year. Actually, most of the time I barely unpack - I simply wash the dirty contents of my duffel leaving the 'unused' portion for my next departure only a few days away...I'm not kidding.
I thought it would be interesting to put down a few highlights of this past year to see if it really was as busy as I thought it was. So here it goes, in no particular order...A few random digits a la PV:
- Number of flights within Canada (round trip): 12
- Number of flights across the border: 2
- Number of flights across the pond: 1
- Number of missed flights due to a lost passport: 1
- Number of lost bags in transit: none
- Kms driving: too many to count
- Furthest drive for a trail run: Whistler, BC (10hrs)
- Biggest detour due to road closures (avalanche): Road closures in Golden and Salmo, forced me South where further closures forced me to detour through the Idaho-US to get to Kelowna for an on-snow demo day. Managed to pass through customs without a passport and a truck full of ski gear - Drove all night and arrived on-time at 9am at the Telemark Ski Club.
- Speeding tickets: Luckily...only 1 ($175)
- Parking tickets: 1 (I'm more irritated about this one...$45)
- Real Estate: Bought my first rental property in Calgary
- Number of ski marathons last winter: 6
- Prize for 2nd place at the Rock and Ice Ultra: handshake... (1st place was a diamond)
- Finished a 12hr Adventure Race in 12h30min...
- Number of trail running shoes I have on rotation: 8 pairs
- Number of trail races I completed: many
- Number of road race I entered: none
- Number of sport related injuries: 4
- Number of non-sport related injuries: none
- Most number of nights at home/month: 22 nights (May, June and October)
- Least number of nights at home/month: 7 nights (December)
- Number of months where I skied on snow: 9
- Number of days surfing: 12 (definitely not enough!)
- Number of Work related Sales Meetings: 5
- Number of events organized: 4
- And finally....Number of blog posts this year: 49 (including this one)
This is all I could think of off the top of my head - I'm sure there are countless other numbers floating around that would put an entire different spin on this year...Busy? Damn rights it's been busy...But no matter how I read the numbers...It's been an amazing year.
I can't wait for next year...