Friday, August 6, 2010

Another Quad burner? Why Not...


It's been a while since I had a good old fashion up/down workout...After my CDR experience I figured I'd let my quads know who was the boss ;) and let'em have it once again!

Mount Lady MacDonald, named after Susan Agnes MacDonald, wife of Canada's first prime minister, is one of Canmore's most accessible mountains around. For most recreational hikers, it's an 'easy' 3 to 4hr roundtrip hike to the old Tea House platform (I'm actually kind of surprised this business 'venture' failed...duh!).  If you feel up to it, go ahead and continue along the narrow 'knife' edge to the summit (2,606m)... Just be sure not to look down!  


Tonight, I wanted to add a bit of 'zip' to my 1,100 vertical metre trip up to Lady Mac's tea house so I took my ski poles to keep a relatively quick walk/run pace to the top.  A few pics, a few silly videos and back down I raced in an attempt to beat the rain.  Aside from a bit of wind at the top from an incoming storm, it was a perfect night!  In fact, it was so nice I even considered doing a bit of 'yard work' up there...

No comments: