Sunday, March 13, 2011

Running on Fumes...




As much as I enjoy writing updates on my blog, it just wasn't going to happen this winter...

We all have choices in life...and this winter, I (realize now that I) chose to invest in my work.  I feel like I'm at a point where I needed to do this.  The business of Nordic skiing is a tough, and whether it was to prove something, or push something, I'm not sure, but it was something I felt I had to do.  As a result, many priorities in my life took the backseat...some of these decisions may come back to bite me, but for now...I've survived. Just.  


In the big picture, it will be a year to remember...It wasn't necessarily all good, but memorable for sure.  I probably spent more time in the air as I did on the road, barely had any time at home where I felt I didn't have to work, and definitely not enough PV-time to enjoy new adventures. The winter took it's toll on me...and now I'm tired.



I thought I'd share the above video as it's something that I do on a regular basis...just one of the many components of my life on the road...the on-snow demo/expo setup.  In this particular case, we (Munny and I) set up our Salomon Nordic Lounge at the Sovereign Lakes Nordic Ski Club for 7 straight days during the Masters World Cup

One of the good things about my job is that it involves a lot of variety.  But at the end of the season, no matter how much I love my work, everything becomes a chore...Needless to say that after a full week on-snow, I was happy to take down our kit for good!


Salomon Nordic Lounge...lazyboy and all!
 
Munny putting a few lures out...

Despite the crazy winter, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and vacation time is imminent...yes, adventures are on the horizon, and I can't wait!

Stay tuned for more...I promise to update very soon!

No comments: