Saturday, September 29, 2007

Reality Check-

This week has been a bit of a blur...

All of a sudden, my 'vacation' is over and workload piles need to be delt with. Sucks.

It's been a bit of a struggle to get back in the groove and start chipping away at the endless ski proposals I've been putting on the backburner for way too long. While my brain is still recovering from an epic TR experience - the reality is that I'm way behind on the ski biz side of things...It's been a nice break - but the funs over!

After a week of lounging around the house with (very) limited excercise, I finally gave my ankle a test today and went running...not good - not bad, but not as good as I had hoped. I hate being injured, especially with little nagging (pain in the ass) injuries like this one. It's only a small irritation but it's enough to notice it and piss me off. But what really pisses me off, that I just registered for my first 50 miler next weekend - and I really want to run well in it.

Either way, I've decided that I'm going to run...here' s the plan:

1. Start stretching (again) on a daily basis - keep all the legs/core muscles loose
2. No running -
3. Go back in the gym and start training on one of those eliptical/stairmaster machines (fun) - I've done it before when I was training for mountain running worlds - seemed to work good back then.
4. ...I guess I could always go rollerskiing...then again...
5. Pool running? My friend Daryl busted up his hip pretty bad a few weeks ago - time to give him some pool running lessons!
6. Yoga? Not a chance...
7. Did I meniton no running?
8. Lots of Ibuprofen...

I figure I can make it to the start line and grin/bare it - unless I really get in lots of pain - which will most likely NOT happen - then I should be able to make it through ok.

That's the plan...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you're going to hate me for saying this but you should give yoga a chance. When I first started I thought it was not a "real" workout and it was for a bunch of "granolas." The second part may be true, but I'd like to think I have some of that way of thinking. So give it a chance, just once at least. If I lived in Canmore I'd drag you and Cyrus to go. If you don't feel better physically I guarantee you will mentally.